WE ARE TAKING OVER - Interview with Team Genius

Notto and Solid Star.

Showcasing rising stars and great talents is one part of my responsibility I love, today we sat down with two great talents ready to take over, enjoy the exclusive interview with REAL G and NOTTO (TEAM GENIUS) 
GIT TEAM:           Good afternoon and thank you very much for having us.
REAL G.                 Good afternoon, you are welcome.

GIT TEAM:           Can we meet you both, we will have to take it one after the other at certain times, so you first.
REAL G.                 My name is Real G.; but my real name is John Chimezie Nnoli, am from Anambra state, precisely Nnewi.  Am a guy that just likes good things, good people. My stage name is Real G. that an abbreviation of Real Genius.



Team Genius in their home.
GIT TEAM:           How did you come about the name?
REAL G.                 I came up with the name actually, I feel it best describes me.

GIT TEAM:           And let’s meet you
NOTTO:                Yea. My name is Notto. My real name is Chigozie Onyebuchukwu, am also from Nnewi in Anambra state. Am more of a fun person, I really like having fun and making things happen you know. Of cause, I like spending money. (All Laughs….)

GIT TEAM:           So you are both artist, doing good music and going places, are fast coming up on that stage but we want to know first. Why music?
REAL G.                 First of all, it’s a talent; an in-born talent. It’s something that has been there from the on-set.

GIT TEAM:           When did you discover that talent?
REAL G.                 It’s from way back in primary school when we were still growing up.
Notto and Real G.
NOTTO:                Music has been my life and what I love doing. Music has always made me happy but it’s my mentor “Lil Wayne” that really made me come all out, when I watch him it really gives me the courage to carry on. I started music when I was about 12 and it’s been all am known for. Back then I have nigg**s that always love what I do and it made know this is it for me.

Notto and the boss of Genius Planet Entertainment, Real G. with AdrianPastol

GIT TEAM:           Talking about people, considering how young you were when you both decided your path, how did your family react?
REAL G.                 Definitely I fought with them at the earlier stage because they won’t allow me do my thing but when they began to see that it truly was my talent, they started supporting me and encouraging me to stay focus.

GIT TEAM:           Your family had the same reaction?
NOTTO:                                YEA! My family, well actually they don’t like it but I believe in what I what to be. My Dad is late now and my Uncles and relatives really don’t support my path. They say I don’t want to be someone in future but I believe in what I want to be. Some of my brothers do support me in music thought because they believe in me. There was a time I was sent to someone to learn a trade but it did not last because that is not my dream. Now they are gradually believing in me, that I will make it.

GIT TEAM:           Aside the family, what other challenges do you face?
REAL G.                 A lot of them, like in terms of monetary support to record and promote, along with making the visuals. It’s a real challenge

GIT TEAM:           So how do you cope with it?
REAL G.                 Well, God is really making ways, you know? We depend on God. We know what we want and we are fighting to achieve it. God has been there and he is really supporting us.

 

GIT TEAM:           Have you been on stage with some of the house-hold names?
REAL G.                 So many, so so many; we have been on different shows. We have been on stage with Solid Star, Flavour, Nigger Raw, Chuddy k, Duncan Mighty…. They are just so many.

GIT TEAM:           So you sing together or you have separate albums on your own?
REAL G.                 We are a team now, and we have a record label called “Genius Planet Entertainment” It’s my record label, I started alone but now we are a team, myself and my brother. We are projecting Notto as the first artist from Genius Planet Entertainment and we are dropping a video before the month runs-out

GIT TEAM:           So you are like the Don Jazzy of the label?
REAL G/NOTTO:                                Yea! (All laughs…)
REAL G.                 The single is coming out soon titled “Asampokoto” We are projecting him as the first artist on the label. He actually featured me on a track. We are working on featuring Phyno or Olamide on our next single, it’s going to be Team Genius featuring… but for now we want to promote him first. 
Notto

GIT TEAM:           That’s a good one, it’s a really good start but how did you two meet?
REAL G.                 It’s was through my cousin, I have been meeting a lot of artist but he had a great fighting spirit, unlike some others that would just come-in, try to take what they want from me and go but he was different.
 
Notto
GIT TEAM:           So do you have an album right now?
REAL G.                 I have dropped an album titled “Finally God has done it”

GIT TEAM:           Did you feature any top artist?
REAL G.                 I featured Solid Star, Dammy Krane, Joery….

GIT TEAM:           Your performance with some top artist, how do you feel when you are with them? Any form of intimidation?
REAL G.                 No, not at all, because the spirit in me is always fighting to be on top.

GIT TEAM:           There is a rumour that sometimes people pay to perform, has that ever happened to you or Notto?
REAL G.                 I believe my brother cannot pay to perform because I can never allow it. I have paid the dues for him. People do that yes, but he can never do that. 

Real G.

GIT TEAM:           How many videos do you have presently?
REAL G.                 Two videos, it three but one song has two so I have two videos.

GIT TEAM:           The one already out, the video/audio. How did the media receive it?
REAL G.                 They are showing me love, they play my music on different station. They are trying.

GIT TEAM:           Were you previously signed on any record label before you launched yours?
REAL G.                 No. I paved my way myself, am like a ti-blazer. I started on the streets, I used to hawk my CD’s on the streets, and I have paid my dues like I said.

GIT TEAM:           Tell us about that, your dues.
REAL G.                 I am from Nnewi like I said, and my people are not so into music at this level. They are mainly focused on business. I grew up in the north and later relocated back to my town, I started out back there in Nnewi but I decided not to do it there but come down to Lagos. I like to do things big, so I got to Lagos and started making my connections. I have really gone through a lot on the streets and that’s why I said I have paid my dues.

GIT TEAM:           So Notto, who would you describe as your mentor, aside Lil’ Wayne. Coming back home now, who would you point out?
NOTTO:                Well the people I really like are Olamide, Phyno. They are my men and they are the people that when I listen to their music I feel them (REAL G. –You feel high) you know I can relate to their songs because that is the kind of music I do. I rap. 

Real G music video
 


GIT TEAM:           You also rap too Real G?
REAL G.                 I sing and I rap as well, we are trying to make it more commercial, we are not just doing music for fun, but also to make money. I always tell people, they say they are in the music industry but Team Genius is in the music business. (Laughs…) (NOTTO: That’s right that right) we need to make money, we make money from music and establish other things.
GIT TEAM:           That’s the Anambra spirit talking. (Laughing) (REAL G. – Yea, Nnewi spirit) Do you have someone you admire in the industry?
REAL G.                 The person I admire a lot, not that I intend to emulate his style of music but I love his style. It’s D banj. I love people that attempt the impossible to do the incredible. People that aim high. Dbanj. I like his style. 
Real G and 2 Baba at a private party.
GIT TEAM:           You already said that you are in the music business, so when the money comes you are bound to invest in other things. Let’s move on that line. If it wasn’t music, what would it have been?
REAL G.                 I love making money, so I would have been into business. (GIT: and you Notto?)
NOTTO:                Everybody loves business, I would have been in business.
GIT TEAM:           Talking about the future, where do you see yourself in the next five years.
REAL G.                 Five years is too far, I believe from now to December, we are planning something big. We have already been on some big shows like in Abuja with former senate president Abrahim Mantu and some others. I believe in the next two or three years, Genius Planet will be on top. We have the spirit to make things happen, we don’t depend on people, we fight on for ourselves.
NOTTO:                And we are taking over. (GIT: Taking over, I like that slogan of yours.)
GIT TEAM:           Am curious as to what we are expecting by December, are you going to give us an in-sight on that?
NOTTO:                I can’t really spell it all out yet but I believe from the way things are going now, so many big things are coming out from Team Genius.
GIT TEAM:           So we should watch out, ok… watch out for Real g, watch out for Notto; watch out for Team Genius. Your fan rate is growing fast, I know you have a lot. When you go on shows, how do you manage the ladies?
REAL G.                 Well, I am sociable and I try to carry everybody along; I don’t discriminate, weather you are a fine girl or not (Laughs) I respect women a lot because a single girl can mobilize fifty men for you, and I equally respect men.
GIT TEAM:           Any message to your fans?
REAL G.                 I love them all, we will always respect and appreciate them. (NOTTO; we do appreciate them all) and we will always work hard to meet up to their expectations. (NOTTO: We will give them what they want)

GIT TEAM:           What is your favorite quote/philosophy in life?
REAL G.                 In every dark night, a bright day follows, so no matter what you are going through as long as you stay focus; you must make. After night, the day comes.
NOTTO:                With God all things are possible.
GIT TEAM:           Thank you so much for your time. 

Comments

  1. Love the music brother, keep moving higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notto congrat bro.. U r unstoppable. T-money

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are behind U, umu-anaedo. Lets go there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here.

Popular posts from this blog

Over 60 hot small businesses you can start with less than N50, 000(naira)/about $320(dollars)

LIST OF GOOD RECRUITMENT AGENCIES IN LAGOS

CULTISM IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

HAVE YOU READ THESE?